Saturday, December 1, 2007

pumpkin goodness

Jacob had his first school field trip on Oct 17th, which was also his Bliss-day! (Jacob's been with us for 4 years -- can you believe that?!?!?) Anyway, both Rich & I got to go along (because it was a Wednesday) and left Jeremiah home with a sitter. I think it meant a lot to Jacob that we were there, and that we were able to give him our full attention. He's a great big brother, but we can tell he misses the individual attention. :)

The field trip was to Boyd's Orchard, and it was pretty much a blast. Except for the rain. And the chaos of a gajillion kindergarteners. And the stench of the petting zoo. But really it was a blast. Really. I guess.

Each kid (and gorwn-up too) got to pick a pumpkin from the patch, which was nice and muddy:


There was also a HUGE slide, which Jacob went down about 82 times. He only got yelled at a few times for going too soon. :) There was also a tire jungle-gym... The 2nd picture is Jacob and his friend Rohan. (I think they sit at the same desk/table.) Anyway, this is one of my favorites from the trip because it shows what a good friend Rohan must be, and it was the first real reassurance that Jacob really is making friends, and that he is not a social outcast! (Even if he is the tiny-est kid in the class.) :) No worries, right?





Later that night, Auntie Jen arrived for a couple days' worth of visiting. While she was here, we put our field trip pumpkins to good use:


The 1st one is the one I made. The 2nd one is the one that Jen made -- you can't really see them, but there are stars all around it that are only half-carved out (like the eyes). Very cool.

The last one is Jacob's... He picked out the design (from BHG.com -- yes, we are total nerds, and we like it that way), but I carved it. I think this one is my favorite because of how the bats overlap the moon, though it's really hard to say. I love the squiggly mouth on mine, and I love the half-carved stuff on Jen's. (And the eyebrows!)


So that was October. And just to be fair, here's the best October picture of Jeremiah (who is also a pumpkin):

No comments: